I am using knoppix 6.0.1 but I have upgraded the kernel to new kernel ( 2.6.31.5 )
and using aufs2. But most of the scripts in the system is still based on knoppix 6.0.1.
Most notably I noticed that knoppix would mount knoppix-data.img by specifying it
as ext2 file system. I wonder why it is not mounted as ext3 file system, as it seems,
everytime the system reboot, it spends significant time doing file system check.
I did a try on mounting it as ext3 file system but I noticed that it will hang.
Perhaps aufs(2) will not work together with ext3 file system ?
( I get hang boot up too with mounting knoppix-data.img as ext2, but it's
a lot less frequent - anyone has encountered the same thing as me ? )
Appreciate input.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS
$1499.00
Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max
$229.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
SQL Server 2025 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package Per-Core
$389.00