-
Microknoppix 6.1? USB boot w/ persistent image
Greetings -- I am somewhat new to Linux, so I apologize if my question comes across as simplistic.
I want to use Knoppix as an alternate-boot OS on a company Windows machine, and I have successfully installed Knoppix 6.1 on a USB key. Each time I boot up, the system asks how much I want to set aside for my personal customization - which I presume is the same as using a persistent image.
I specify a value, but then I never see the system write any of my customizations (e.g. screen resolution) to the USB key.
When I boot form the USB key do I need to enter any command line options to properly create the space for the customized install and then save to this image?
Thanks in advance.
Richard in Pennsylvania, USA
Similar Threads
-
By penticton in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
-
By Chris_K in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-31-2009, 10:01 PM
-
By omaha64 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-16-2008, 10:58 AM
-
By rspiteri in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2007, 01:54 PM
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95