-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Getting a TV receiver working under Knoppix
I'm trying to get a USB TV receiver working under Knoppix 6.2 DVD and I'm hoping some of the more experienced Linux users can put me on the correct path.
I'm in the U.S. I have both an ATI TV Wonder 600 USB receiver and a Happauge WinTV HVR 950Q USB receiver. Both are designed for digital signals. To my pleasant surprise, Knoppix 6.2 seems to detect either of them. In the Sound & Video section of the menu I found Kaffeine. It sees the receivers, knows which one is plugged in. I can go into configure and (under the device tab) set it for over the air ATSC reception. At least I think I'm doing that, I select us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB, although I have no idea what 8VSB stands for. It seems the only ATSC selection I'm offered. Then I can go into the channel scan Here I check the ACTS option in "Filter". I've tried it both also checking the TV box or leaving it unchecked and only checking ATSC (What is the difference?) but in either case the channel scan gets no stations. I've also tried with no filter option checked, since I'm already telling the system that the tuner should be used for ATSC over-the-air reception. It should be getting stations, a scan from Windows with the same receivers and same antennas get plenty of stations.
Can anyone provide insight on what I might be doing wrong?
Are there other tools on the DVD that might help in diagnosing this, even other TV software that I could try (and can you provide any important and non-obvious set-up information)?
Similar Threads
-
By PanMan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 09:25 PM
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:36 PM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 11:36 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95