Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 6.2 persistent image (i am doing it wrong) help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 6.2 persistent image (i am doing it wrong) help

    Good morning.

    I just downloaded 6.2 cd image and I am very impressed. I have not used knoppix in some years and the progress made with unionfs is astounding. Now if only I could figure out how to use it.

    I have a cd of 6.2, I also have a usb drive on /dev/sdb1

    I used the menu->Prefernces->install KNOPPIX to flash disk

    option

    The system asks me to choose formating etc. I follow the instructions and it seems like I created the img. I can even mount it and see the data. I cannot seem to save any of my personal data to the system however

    I cannot find the knoppix-data.img file anywhere, doesn't seem like it was created.

    also when I boot from the cdrom I would like to restore my personal data

    I treid knoppix home=scan and knoppix home=/dev/sdb1 but neither worked.

    I am running a mac and as such can not boot from usb and I would like to take advantage of the cd based persistent img on a usb stick. How do I use this option on 6.2?

    There is no crete persistent image tool in my menu.

    ideas?

    Also I was wondering if people trade their knoppix images with cutomizations for various computers. It would be cool specifically for those of us with laptops as they tend to have identical configuations by brand/model.

    Please help

    ideally I would be able to boot from cd with all my customizations intact.

    configure the one button trackpad to work correctly, install flash for youtube, cofigure hotkeys etc.

    Please let me know

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tragic City, Michigan
    Posts
    13
    I have used the 6.2 livecd and used the "install to flash" on a 2 GB usb device. I can boot from usb
    on my Acer Aspire One laptop and during the boot up process was asked to create a persistent overlay.
    I chose a size of 1024 MB and after getting to the desktop and personalizing it and adding new packages
    and subsequent rebooting changes were saved.

    Not sure how to create a persistent overlay to use on a Mac though.

Similar Threads

  1. Persistent Knoppix disk image in GNOME
    By Marge in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 04:57 PM
  2. Create a persistent Knoppix disk image...but where??
    By Canard blanc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 04:26 AM
  3. About creating a persistent Knoppix disk image
    By mramos in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
  4. xchm install on knoppix persistent image
    By inguaravi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 03:08 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 01:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc

$78.00



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99