-
Knoppix 6.2 persistent image (i am doing it wrong) help
Good morning.
I just downloaded 6.2 cd image and I am very impressed. I have not used knoppix in some years and the progress made with unionfs is astounding. Now if only I could figure out how to use it.
I have a cd of 6.2, I also have a usb drive on /dev/sdb1
I used the menu->Prefernces->install KNOPPIX to flash disk
option
The system asks me to choose formating etc. I follow the instructions and it seems like I created the img. I can even mount it and see the data. I cannot seem to save any of my personal data to the system however
I cannot find the knoppix-data.img file anywhere, doesn't seem like it was created.
also when I boot from the cdrom I would like to restore my personal data
I treid knoppix home=scan and knoppix home=/dev/sdb1 but neither worked.
I am running a mac and as such can not boot from usb and I would like to take advantage of the cd based persistent img on a usb stick. How do I use this option on 6.2?
There is no crete persistent image tool in my menu.
ideas?
Also I was wondering if people trade their knoppix images with cutomizations for various computers. It would be cool specifically for those of us with laptops as they tend to have identical configuations by brand/model.
Please help
ideally I would be able to boot from cd with all my customizations intact.
configure the one button trackpad to work correctly, install flash for youtube, cofigure hotkeys etc.
Please let me know
Similar Threads
-
By Marge in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-09-2009, 04:57 PM
-
By Canard blanc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-18-2009, 04:26 AM
-
By mramos in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
-
By inguaravi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2007, 03:08 AM
-
By eco2geek in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-11700K 3.60GHz 11th Gen CPU Processor MPN SRKNL X239G085
$140.00