-
Using knoppix to retrieve "lost" files..
Hi,
My laptop completely crashed (apparantly some vital parts of windows got corrupted, and even when reinstalling it crashes cause it couldn't copy the files anymore.. (something like /boot/bsd or names like that warnings WINDOWS gave when starting/blue-screening). - any chkdisk run gave 1000s of orphaned indices and unexpected end of files..
Problem is I would really, really like to retrieve some installation files (can only download those at the university themself, and they are 25gb big - and my personal documents -around 2-3gb)
Now a friend mentioned using a knoppix-cd-boot.. - So I just burned knoppix, and indeed it works
.
I tried working my way around a bit already (looked at all menus), and I could indeed browse the files I would like to retrieve using the text-based file manager. Also I just opened a "windows"-like program (isn't that called a window manager or something?).
Now how do I copy files (and folders) exactly? - I tried ctrl-c+ctrl-v at the desired locations.. However upon copying it closes the 2 windows???
Also -as knoppix sparkled my interest-Can anybody explain the actual difference between knoppix (os), adriane, konqueror & gnome (latter 2 are 2 variations to do the "same" thing if I'm correct?)
Similar Threads
-
By NullDevice in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
-
By scruffyeagle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 05:27 AM
-
By massai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 10:14 PM
-
By boehmb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 10:50 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$89.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.42