-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
paul23
Thanks for the fast answers, - But what about the copying? ..
I answered what I felt comfortable answering. It is not my problem that you asked several unrelated questions in the same post.
I don't feel comfortable giving you advice on command line commands, read the man pages for that. I also don't know what you think you are copying these files too. And I strongly advise against writing to a NTFS partition with Knoppix, assuming that you don't want that partition corrupted also. To address your other new question, files 4 gog or over can not be written to any type of FAT partition.
The way that I use Knoppix to recover files when Windows refuses to boot is to transfer them to another computer across a network. I generally do this by FTP. I install a FTP server on a different computer (usually a Windows computer, there are many free FTP servers that you can find by a Google search), and then from Knoppix I use an FTP client to transfer the files. In the past I used konquror as the FTP client, but konquror is said to be omitted from Knoppix 6.2. I would imagine that one could still use any of the other browsers, or even the command line FTP client for this task.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By NullDevice in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
-
By scruffyeagle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 05:27 AM
-
By massai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 10:14 PM
-
By boehmb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 10:50 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89