alsamixergui
On (at least) the 6.2 CD version, the most n00b-friendly mixer I see is aumix. However, aumix is still not that friendly, since
(a) I ssume it still uses OSS, and the OSS interface to some audio cards seems to miss a lot of controls (this was the case in 6.0.1), and
(b) controlling a second or third audio device from aumix requires a command-line incantation to get it going.
I am remastering Knoppix to provide a system to some people who are not ever in any imaginable world going to start up aumix with the command line.
Thus I would like a more n00b-friendly mixer.
kmix is suitable, but unfortunately requires huge amounts of KDE stuff to be installed to make it useful (and I am trying to keep my remaster reasonably small).
Can anyone recommend a easy-to-use GUI mixer for Knoppix 6.2?
Thanks.
Jim
alsamixergui
Thanks, but it is not very n00b-friendly. After playing with it for a few minutes I saw no gui way of selecting the non-default sound card. And I'm guessing if I didn't immediately see it, the people I am making this for wouldn't either.
Cheers.
Jim
I'm guessing that not too many people care, but for anyone reading this thread in the future, so far gnome-alsamixer is the best mixer I've found that does not require kde.

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99