Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: x based mixer that will adjust trebile and bass?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    x based mixer that will adjust trebile and bass?

    Hi;

    I can't find a way to adjust the treble and bass on my speakers.

    I tried "aumix -b -500" with no luck.

    I tried tkmixer.

    Is there a gui sound mixer, not dependent on alsa, that will graphically let the user adjust bass and trebile?

    Thanks in advance

    Steve

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: x based mixer that will adjust treble and bass?

    Quote Originally Posted by beforewisdom
    Is there a gui sound mixer, not dependent on alsa, that will graphically let the user adjust bass and treble?
    I did a Google search on linux mixer audio bass and got some interesting results. Does that help?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    Re: x based mixer that will adjust treble and bass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Loper
    Quote Originally Posted by beforewisdom
    Is there a gui sound mixer, not dependent on alsa, that will graphically let the user adjust bass and treble?
    I did a Google search on linux mixer audio bass and got some interesting results. Does that help?
    No.

    Is this the polite version of the rotfm?

    FYI I went to tucows before I posted here.

    I went through a list of mixers for linux. None of the ones I tried would install to knoppix, had bass controls, or worked.

    On my connection each trial was time consuming. I posted here hoping to get a shortcut around via a recommendation from someone else's experience so that I wouldn't have to spend an entire afternoon downloading, installing, and trying various mixers just so I could turn my bass down on my speakers.

    Do you have any information to contribute?


    Steve

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: x based mixer that will adjust treble and bass?

    Quote Originally Posted by beforewisdom
    Is this the polite version of the RTFM?
    I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I never intend my responses to seem condescending; we're here to help each other. My only thought was that a different perspective might be useful -- in fact, the question itself has put me on a path that I might not have traveled otherwise, so thanks.

    If I encounter any useful info in my quest, I'll certainly share. I'm about to HD-install for an experimental platform. I need to learn more about Linux -- I'm tired of Windows, and we need to have a full user infrastructure in place before Longhorn rolls out...

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    Re: x based mixer that will adjust treble and bass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Loper
    Quote Originally Posted by beforewisdom
    Is this the polite version of the RTFM?
    I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I never intend my responses to seem condescending; we're here to help each other. My only thought was that a different perspective might be useful -- in fact, the question itself has put me on a path that I might not have traveled otherwise, so thanks.
    My apologies for assuming wrong.

    As you know, in the GNU/Linux internet community a lot of people do get slammed when they ask questions. It has happened to me and I guess it has made me overly sensitive to it.

    To me, google is such a well know tool and such an obvious first step that asking someone if they tried searching on google can be easily mistaken for sarcasm.

    I will think twice next time before I make that assumption.

    My apologies

    Steve

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: x based mixer that will adjust treble and bass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Loper
    ...the question itself has put me on a path that I might not have traveled otherwise...
    ...and one of those path-induced thoughts was, "what about XMMS? That has a graphical-equalizer built-in, and it's Open Source." It makes me wish I was a programmer; maybe that part of the code could be reworked to stand alone and the audio data could be piped through it...

Similar Threads

  1. Can't adjust Volume
    By wmlabChuck in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 09:36 AM
  2. Mixer cannot be found
    By fhew in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 02:54 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.6: Alsa, adusting bass/treble on speakers
    By beforewisdom in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 02:57 AM
  4. Web-based ICQ (ICQ2GO - Jawa based) with Knoppix
    By pilovis in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive

$349.99



Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD

$70.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$58.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95