I did a Google search on linux mixer audio bass and got some interesting results. Does that help?Originally Posted by beforewisdom
Hi;
I can't find a way to adjust the treble and bass on my speakers.
I tried "aumix -b -500" with no luck.
I tried tkmixer.
Is there a gui sound mixer, not dependent on alsa, that will graphically let the user adjust bass and trebile?
Thanks in advance
Steve
I did a Google search on linux mixer audio bass and got some interesting results. Does that help?Originally Posted by beforewisdom
No.Originally Posted by Loper
Is this the polite version of the rotfm?
FYI I went to tucows before I posted here.
I went through a list of mixers for linux. None of the ones I tried would install to knoppix, had bass controls, or worked.
On my connection each trial was time consuming. I posted here hoping to get a shortcut around via a recommendation from someone else's experience so that I wouldn't have to spend an entire afternoon downloading, installing, and trying various mixers just so I could turn my bass down on my speakers.
Do you have any information to contribute?
Steve
I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I never intend my responses to seem condescending; we're here to help each other. My only thought was that a different perspective might be useful -- in fact, the question itself has put me on a path that I might not have traveled otherwise, so thanks.Originally Posted by beforewisdom
If I encounter any useful info in my quest, I'll certainly share. I'm about to HD-install for an experimental platform. I need to learn more about Linux -- I'm tired of Windows, and we need to have a full user infrastructure in place before Longhorn rolls out...
My apologies for assuming wrong.Originally Posted by Loper
As you know, in the GNU/Linux internet community a lot of people do get slammed when they ask questions. It has happened to me and I guess it has made me overly sensitive to it.
To me, google is such a well know tool and such an obvious first step that asking someone if they tried searching on google can be easily mistaken for sarcasm.
I will think twice next time before I make that assumption.
My apologies
Steve
...and one of those path-induced thoughts was, "what about XMMS? That has a graphical-equalizer built-in, and it's Open Source." It makes me wish I was a programmer; maybe that part of the code could be reworked to stand alone and the audio data could be piped through it...Originally Posted by Loper

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99