Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: samba complains for authentication in nautilus and dolphin

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    39

    samba complains for authentication in nautilus and dolphin

    I have tried deleting the user "knoppix" and re adding it.

    When I go to browse "Network" "Samba" "Workgroup" I get a popup dialog requesting a user and psswd to enter the workgroup. No matter what I add, I get a return popup.

    However; if I type smb://eee-box/ with eee-box being the name of my host machine, into the location bar, I see all of my shares with no issue and they are RW as I want them to be.

    Is this a bug or do I need to configure something in my desktop settings that make the shared machines "browseable"

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Greetings maestrobwh1

    Thanks for helping me.
    I cannot explain why this happens
    but your solution works!

    Additionally, I use your method for the live DVD
    sidux 2009-03 kernel 2.6.31 KDE 4.3.2

    Perhaps someone can explain why this
    login password security is needed,
    especially when it is so easliy defeated.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

Similar Threads

  1. Proxy Authentication
    By bigfr0g in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 08:32 AM
  2. ethernet authentication
    By nimsim in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 01:26 AM
  3. editing /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf as root ?!?!
    By smarchand291 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
  4. help with authentication using samba server!!!
    By npyang in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 04:43 AM
  5. LDAP Authentication
    By vanman in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Used PC Corsair Vengeance Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz 16GB DDR3 Gtx 1050 Ti Msi picture

Used PC Corsair Vengeance Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz 16GB DDR3 Gtx 1050 Ti Msi

$135.00



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz Quad-Core LGA1150 SR1QF CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz Quad-Core LGA1150 SR1QF CPU Processor

$39.99



Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS picture

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS

$99.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00