Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Spell Check question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Spell Check question

    I just installed Knoppix. I have a slightly annoying problem. Whenever I use IceWeasel(it came with it) and I compose mail or message board posts, such as this one, It marks every word spelled wrong. This makes it hard to actually spell check. I have both the system and IceWeasels languages set to native US English. Any ideas as to why it is doing this.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Spell Check question

    Quote Originally Posted by TwiztidChef
    I just installed Knoppix. ..., It marks every word spelled wrong.....
    Does it do that for you if you run from the Live CD or DVD, or only from the "installed" Knoppix. If it is limited to th "installed" Knoppix then we can add it to the large list of reasons that Knoppix should not be "installed" to hard disk and you would be much better off with Debian or some other distro suitable for hard disk install.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Its installed, I didnt log into anything from the Live CD as I had a really bad virus on my Vista Os. It seems after research Knoppix is really only best for recovery from the Live CD. I guess I should've loaded Ubuntu instead.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I actually prefer Debian, but yes, Knoppix isn't really suitable for hard disk install for most users.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 09:32 AM
  2. Thunderbird can't do spell check
    By lotech in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 05:25 AM
  3. Aspell, Ispell I can't spell
    By randcoop in forum Klik
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 11:22 AM
  4. Spell checking
    By RoyalMail in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 02:09 PM
  5. evolution does not have spell check dictionary for english
    By sireasoning in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 09:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



CISCO A9K-4X100GE ASR 9000 4 Port 100GE LAN Line Card  picture

CISCO A9K-4X100GE ASR 9000 4 Port 100GE LAN Line Card

$14500.00



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver picture

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver

$79.89