-
Spell Check question
I just installed Knoppix. I have a slightly annoying problem. Whenever I use IceWeasel(it came with it) and I compose mail or message board posts, such as this one, It marks every word spelled wrong. This makes it hard to actually spell check. I have both the system and IceWeasels languages set to native US English. Any ideas as to why it is doing this.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Spell Check question

Originally Posted by
TwiztidChef
I just installed Knoppix. ..., It marks every word spelled wrong.....
Does it do that for you if you run from the Live CD or DVD, or only from the "installed" Knoppix. If it is limited to th "installed" Knoppix then we can add it to the large list of reasons that Knoppix should not be "installed" to hard disk and you would be much better off with Debian or some other distro suitable for hard disk install.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Its installed, I didnt log into anything from the Live CD as I had a really bad virus on my Vista Os. It seems after research Knoppix is really only best for recovery from the Live CD. I guess I should've loaded Ubuntu instead.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I actually prefer Debian, but yes, Knoppix isn't really suitable for hard disk install for most users.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By Baylynx in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2007, 09:32 AM
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-06-2005, 05:25 AM
-
By randcoop in forum Klik
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-16-2005, 11:22 AM
-
By RoyalMail in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 02:09 PM
-
By sireasoning in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2003, 09:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00