2.4.20 with patches for xfs and longer comand line for boot parameters AFAIK.Originally Posted by svs
What are your 'results' - just running slow every which way?If so, what is the speed of your drive?Originally Posted by RoadKill
If you refer to the detection phases of boot, I've tried Knoppix in a half dozen machines, boot speed depends on the hardware of the system; some hardware is quick, some hardware needs nearly 2 minutes (give or take) to finish the green 'bargraph' detection section. If this is the problem, maybe you can specify boot options and make this go faster.
HTH, HAND.
2.4.20 with patches for xfs and longer comand line for boot parameters AFAIK.Originally Posted by svs
Originally Posted by RoadKill
I just went through this problem, burning 4 CDs... I'd get errors during bootup during the ramdisk setup, though bootup would go on for a while, only to hang with a black screen with a mouse arrow.
I finally burned the fifth CD with the *slowest* setting on the burning software's option. No problem once I did that.
I have no trouble with boot time with V3.2-2003-06-06 on my sys.Originally Posted by RoadKill
Can you put in the next version of knoppix, gnome2.2 as an alternative to kde? thx
AFAIK the problem is the space.Originally Posted by drdream
Thanx everybody for the replies. The problem was poor cd media. For whatever reason they work fine with slightly smaller ISOs but give grief with the big knop iso. I picked up some new media and it worked fine.Originally Posted by ketthors
Check out Gnoppix: http://www.gnoppix.org/Originally Posted by drdream
I have not tried this myself, but I do like the idea.
It looks like the download is not yet available, but I'm gonna keep an eye on it...
Can you put in the next version of knoppix, support for ATMEL based WLAN cards (PCMCIA)?
thx
See here: http://www.boegenielsen.dk/knoppix/Originally Posted by fish_guy
You can also find clusterKnoppix there.
Both english only...
BTW, maybe some mod can email the guy if he minds being in the mirror list?

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586
$149.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99