Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: New Knoppix: V3.2-2003-06-06

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    15

    Re: Real sloooow

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadKill
    I am curious if anybody else is having issues with the boot time on this release V3.2-2003-06-06? I've burned several CDs and tried 3 different PCs with the same result. Maybe my iso is hosed?
    What are your 'results' - just running slow every which way?If so, what is the speed of your drive?
    If you refer to the detection phases of boot, I've tried Knoppix in a half dozen machines, boot speed depends on the hardware of the system; some hardware is quick, some hardware needs nearly 2 minutes (give or take) to finish the green 'bargraph' detection section. If this is the problem, maybe you can specify boot options and make this go faster.

    HTH, HAND.

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Kernel version?

    Quote Originally Posted by svs
    What kernel version latest Knoppix use?
    2.4.20 with patches for xfs and longer comand line for boot parameters AFAIK.

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10

    Re: Real sloooow

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadKill
    I am curious if anybody else is having issues with the boot time on this release V3.2-2003-06-06? I've burned several CDs and tried 3 different PCs with the same result. Maybe my iso is hosed?

    I just went through this problem, burning 4 CDs... I'd get errors during bootup during the ramdisk setup, though bootup would go on for a while, only to hang with a black screen with a mouse arrow.

    I finally burned the fifth CD with the *slowest* setting on the burning software's option. No problem once I did that.

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    11

    Re: Real sloooow

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadKill
    I am curious if anybody else is having issues with the boot time on this release V3.2-2003-06-06? I've burned several CDs and tried 3 different PCs with the same result. Maybe my iso is hosed?
    I have no trouble with boot time with V3.2-2003-06-06 on my sys.

  5. #15
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    12

    hello knoppix developers, can i ask you a thing?

    Can you put in the next version of knoppix, gnome2.2 as an alternative to kde? thx

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    11

    Re: hello knoppix developers, can i ask you a thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by drdream
    Can you put in the next version of knoppix, gnome2.2 as an alternative to kde? thx
    AFAIK the problem is the space.

  7. #17
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    31

    Re: Real sloooow

    Quote Originally Posted by ketthors
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadKill
    I am curious if anybody else is having issues with the boot time on this release V3.2-2003-06-06? I've burned several CDs and tried 3 different PCs with the same result. Maybe my iso is hosed?
    I have no trouble with boot time with V3.2-2003-06-06 on my sys.
    Thanx everybody for the replies. The problem was poor cd media. For whatever reason they work fine with slightly smaller ISOs but give grief with the big knop iso. I picked up some new media and it worked fine.

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: hello knoppix developers, can i ask you a thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by drdream
    Can you put in the next version of knoppix, gnome2.2 as an alternative to kde?
    Check out Gnoppix: http://www.gnoppix.org/

    I have not tried this myself, but I do like the idea.

    It looks like the download is not yet available, but I'm gonna keep an eye on it...

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3
    Can you put in the next version of knoppix, support for ATMEL based WLAN cards (PCMCIA)?

    thx

  10. #20
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by fish_guy
    Does anyone have a bittorrent file up?
    See here: http://www.boegenielsen.dk/knoppix/

    You can also find clusterKnoppix there.
    Both english only...

    BTW, maybe some mod can email the guy if he minds being in the mirror list?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix-v.3.3 from 2003-11-19
    By dejan in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 08:16 PM
  2. new knoppix V3.3-2003-11-19
    By De Vince in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 05:43 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
  4. kernel won't boot on 5/20/2003 or 6/6/2003
    By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
  5. KNOPPIX v3.2 2003-04-18
    By LinuxSam in forum News
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-06-2003, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard picture

Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard

$50.00



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Indus GT G.T. for Atari External Floppy Disk Drive w/ Case & Power Adapter picture

Indus GT G.T. for Atari External Floppy Disk Drive w/ Case & Power Adapter

$299.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set picture

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set

$20.00