2.4.20 with patches for xfs and longer comand line for boot parameters AFAIK.Originally Posted by svs
What are your 'results' - just running slow every which way?If so, what is the speed of your drive?Originally Posted by RoadKill
If you refer to the detection phases of boot, I've tried Knoppix in a half dozen machines, boot speed depends on the hardware of the system; some hardware is quick, some hardware needs nearly 2 minutes (give or take) to finish the green 'bargraph' detection section. If this is the problem, maybe you can specify boot options and make this go faster.
HTH, HAND.
2.4.20 with patches for xfs and longer comand line for boot parameters AFAIK.Originally Posted by svs
Originally Posted by RoadKill
I just went through this problem, burning 4 CDs... I'd get errors during bootup during the ramdisk setup, though bootup would go on for a while, only to hang with a black screen with a mouse arrow.
I finally burned the fifth CD with the *slowest* setting on the burning software's option. No problem once I did that.
I have no trouble with boot time with V3.2-2003-06-06 on my sys.Originally Posted by RoadKill
Can you put in the next version of knoppix, gnome2.2 as an alternative to kde? thx
AFAIK the problem is the space.Originally Posted by drdream
Thanx everybody for the replies. The problem was poor cd media. For whatever reason they work fine with slightly smaller ISOs but give grief with the big knop iso. I picked up some new media and it worked fine.Originally Posted by ketthors
Check out Gnoppix: http://www.gnoppix.org/Originally Posted by drdream
I have not tried this myself, but I do like the idea.
It looks like the download is not yet available, but I'm gonna keep an eye on it...
Can you put in the next version of knoppix, support for ATMEL based WLAN cards (PCMCIA)?
thx
See here: http://www.boegenielsen.dk/knoppix/Originally Posted by fish_guy
You can also find clusterKnoppix there.
Both english only...
BTW, maybe some mod can email the guy if he minds being in the mirror list?

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75
Amiga 1000 Motherboard W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75
(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98
Amiga 1000 Phoenix Side Bus Slot Expansion Extender, Commodore A1000 Port
$777.75
Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
COMMODORE 1541-II FLOPPY DRIVE FOR C64 64C 128 TESTED AND WORKING LX56 💾
$159.99
ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C
$45.00