-
Senior Member
registered user
Trouble with external monitor resolution in 6.2
I have been among the select few quite pleased with 6.0.1, as I have been able to install everything needed from Debian repositories or other downloads. One of the especially impressive features of 6.0.1 has been the way the system, using LXDE, has tackled different screen resolutions 'automagically'. For instance, I write this on a laptop with 800x1280 screen, but using a 1200x1920 external monitor, with full resolution and no problems.
In 6.2, running from the DVD version, I have not been able to make this work, tried kde, gnome, fluxbox + 'default'. No way, but I haven't tried with resoultion cheatcode, because that should not be necessary. Because this is so important for my use, I think I will have to stick with 6.0 - but several of the basic packages there are in need of updating now. And I would like to start from the DVD release.
Is there any easy way out for me? Or will the best way for me be a remastering based on my 6.0.1 install?
Similar Threads
-
By Snorglorf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
-
By shawnrgr in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2006, 07:00 PM
-
By Audax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By Jez in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
-
By new dumbie in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 12:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit
$41.00

Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working
$599.00

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$74.99

Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000
$599.99

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$229.00