-
Senior Member
registered user
Trouble with external monitor resolution in 6.2
I have been among the select few quite pleased with 6.0.1, as I have been able to install everything needed from Debian repositories or other downloads. One of the especially impressive features of 6.0.1 has been the way the system, using LXDE, has tackled different screen resolutions 'automagically'. For instance, I write this on a laptop with 800x1280 screen, but using a 1200x1920 external monitor, with full resolution and no problems.
In 6.2, running from the DVD version, I have not been able to make this work, tried kde, gnome, fluxbox + 'default'. No way, but I haven't tried with resoultion cheatcode, because that should not be necessary. Because this is so important for my use, I think I will have to stick with 6.0 - but several of the basic packages there are in need of updating now. And I would like to start from the DVD release.
Is there any easy way out for me? Or will the best way for me be a remastering based on my 6.0.1 install?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have found out some more: Compiz is the culprit
Standard Gnome or KDE won't work for me with correct resolution 1920x1200 in 6.2, and LXDE also hangs, even natively on my Dell Vostro 1710 with no external monitor. But I can make LXDE work if I omit Compiz fusion. Which is done with the cheatcode no3d. But I haven't been able to find out how this initialization is being done, so the 6.2 X init is surely lacking a lot in transparency.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Update: Had to use the "screen" cheatcode with 192
Just trying out a new Benq G2420HD 1920x1080 monitor, and it works (well, almost) nicely with Knx 6.2 and a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo pro 3405 when the cheatcodes no3d and screen=1920x1080 are used.
Similar Threads
-
By Snorglorf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
-
By shawnrgr in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2006, 07:00 PM
-
By Audax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By Jez in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
-
By new dumbie in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 12:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

W&T 50519 Pure.box 3 USB Linux Thin Client Industrial PC Embedded Server
$135.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00