Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Absolute Beginner Here.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5

    Absolute Beginner Here.

    Hello all.
    I'm a total Newb. Not a newb to computers but to Linux and programming/code etc. Having been brought up with just windows, I am excited by the prospect of sampling and using other platforms. My first ever step was a few years ago to convert my internet browser to Firefox. My intrigue has spread from there.

    I'll try to read all the notices etc, before I start to ask bone questions. Please help me through, and bear with me if at times I don' seem to grasp everything your trying to explain.

    I understand my first target should be to learn a "language" HTML is obviously a must. Any help or hints are much welcome!

    Hello to all, and here's to a new beginning of learning and using Knoppix!

    Ginner

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Welcome.

    HTM L is hardly a must (and hardly even a language) unless you want to create web pages, and even then there are a lot of tools that will create HTML for you so that you don't need to do the tedious parts yourself.

    What you should learn depends on what you want to do. The C language might be a good place to statr if you are interested in learning programming, although there are many other choices. You could start even simpler with something like BASIC but you will find it more limiting. You could jump right into assembly, although that can be pretty technical. And there are many many other choices, the choice is generally dependent on what you want to do, so give us more input to help us better guide you.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Well I'm in! I've officially been a Knoppix user for 20 minutes. After getting past the setup in German, i managed to change the language (Thanks to looking on here!). Its nice, but Alien! I love it.

    Only quarm so far is when i close windows, the squares breaking up! Its a tad annoying. I can't find anything in the preferences tab.

    I think C Language is going to be the way ahead. I'm looking for a bit of fun. nothing too serious yet.


    Alll in all im hooked!!

    Ginner

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    Great news. And welcome to the forum.

Similar Threads

  1. Absolute newbie here...can't write to XP NTFS volume
    By tofergregg in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 03:31 AM
  2. Beginner
    By WJensch in forum German Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 02:24 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 03:54 AM
  4. Absolute newbie needs help
    By Jazz1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 11:25 PM
  5. Absolute beginner needs boot options
    By translator in forum General Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$259.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop picture

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop

$40.00