-

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman

Originally Posted by
sbininit

Originally Posted by
sbininit
When I burned the k6.2 cd with image burn it says there are 2045 errors on the disk. I must not have a good 6.2.iso
The md5sum checks out fine and it will boot with qemu from within knoppix 5.3.1...
That the md5 checks out fine confirms my point, you do not have a bad iso file, you have some other problem. I have no idea what booting from within Knoppix 5.3.1 means. Normally a bad or high speed burn causes other problems, such as the popular "cannot find Knoppix file system" error. I'm at a loss to know just what your problem actually is, but thank you for confirming that it is not a bad iso file. My main suspects are media, the drive, or a high speed burn.
I finally got it to boot with grub2 by this menuentry
menuentry "Knoppix 6.2.0 from sdb9 ISO" {
set root=(hd1,9 )
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set b9b2a745-e246-4d84-bfe5-6065fbd734b8
linux /boot/k620/linux root=UUID=b9b2a745-e246-4d84-bfe5-6065fbd734b8 bootfrom=/dev/sdb9/boot/k620/*.iso lang=us ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off dma screen=1024x768 noprompt noeject nomce vga=791 quiet hostname=auto-clock loglevel=0 lsdibata.atapi_enabled=1 SELINUX_INIT=NO nmi_watchdog=0
initrd /boot/k620/minirt_620e.gz
}
Its almost identical to the entry I use for 5.3.1. except I use /bootfromhd/KNOPPIX on it as I never got the .iso to boot
I like 6.2 alright, its beautiful. I'd like to speed up that crumbling page when you x out of a file a bit so it doesnt' get in the way. I never got the web to work. I could ping google fine but no browsing. It had to be something I guess.
I want to learn to open vmlinuz and minirt.gz files in the near future and do other things besides just multi-booting.
Similar Threads
-
By zoidburg016 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:52 AM
-
By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By Stryker87 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 01:22 AM
-
By foofightr in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 02:58 AM
-
By massai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-24-2003, 06:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99