-
I made a Knoppix 6.2 flash drive from the poormans install I have on my desktop and it will boot in the lap top but not in the desktop. I have been tinkering with it a bit and I really like it. I never could get the internet to work on the poormans desktop install. I could ping google all day long but couldn't log on with any of the settings in preferences. I ran damn small linux in virtual machine and it had web.
Web works fine on the lap top booting from the thumb drive now. I still have not got a 6.2 cd to boot. I get a - KNOPPIX compressed image broken dropping you to a root shell- when using the : " toram" cheat code on the desktop. That cheat code gets it farther than anything I have tried. I may not have my ATAPI DVD writer configured just right for linux. Probably not getting a good burn.
I really do like 6.2 though, it may turn out to be my favorite. Synaptic runs much better once you get it on USB. I also like the way it displays the size of the hard drives and the available space at the bottom of the folder.
Virtual Machine is really awsome running a small program like DSL linux its the only one Ive tryed. I noticed you can't see outside of the virtual machine with the command line. I wonder if there is a work around for that?
Similar Threads
-
By zoidburg016 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:52 AM
-
By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By Stryker87 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 01:22 AM
-
By foofightr in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 02:58 AM
-
By massai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-24-2003, 06:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

SK Hynix 32GB DDR4 2133MHz RDIMM Server Memory (HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF) - Preowned
$149.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

LOT OF 6 SK hynix HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P Server Memory RAM
$300.00

Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V-R 2S2Rx4 DDR4 ECC REG RDIMM - M393A8K40B22-CWD6Y
$270.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98