-
Senior Member
registered user
Changing the KDE box/window background at Startup
I want to change the background of the box that is displayed during start-the one that says"Initializing System Services,etc...". This is different from the wallpaper.Every distro have its own background for this box.Even gnome have a different one.
Like a lot of posts here,I am one of those who do not like the background with the eye.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The files are kept in .kde/share/apps/ksplash/pics/ you can get the splash themes from kde-look. You have to extract the files to the pics directory it should contain the files:
splash_active_bar.png
splash_bottom.png
splash_inactive_bar.png
splash_top.png
You can mix and match from different themes if you want to create what you like. Then logout and login back in to see if you like it. As a side note the new KDE 3.2 which I installed earlier tonight allows you to test the splash themes before you decide to change too it.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Okay got it.downloaded ksplash deb and installed it using dpkg -i.Did not use apt because I want to have a copy of the deb on a separate partition in case I have to reinstall -which I am sure I will !
I think this should be moved to tips and tricks or a Docs topic perhaps.
Similar Threads
-
By piko in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By StopError in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 11:13 PM
-
By Lemming in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 09:02 PM
-
By neomarkprice48 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 12:36 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-21-2002, 10:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99