-
smbd in Knoppix 6.2
I can't seem to be able to start Knoppix 6.2 as a samba server using any of the old methods. Normally I type:
# /etc/init.d/samba start
but the samba startup script is not there. Also I cannot find the smbd and nmbd daemons anywhere although (except for the daemons) the other samba files seem to have been installed. Does anyone know if we can still run Knoppix 6.2 as a samba server and how to do that?
Thanks!
-
I'm having the same problem. Does anyone have any answers?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Simplest: Try the synaptic package manager and see
Simplest: Try the synaptic package manager and see what is installed. Samba server does not seem to be installed in 6.2, and because of version conflict, I wasn't able to install it either.
(Seems like the Debian repositories are in bad shape right now?)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

Lot Vintage SCSI Controller Cards Adaptec BusLogic BusTek AHA-1542 1520 ISA EISA
$179.95

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard
$79.00

Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos
$295.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00