-
Did somebody try to access my system ???
Here's an interesting Knoppix topic for you all:
I had my PC into a repair shop a while back in order to replace a power supply that had been fried by installing graphics cards that needed too much power. They put in a stronger power supply and I was back in business. I did not give them the login for my system since this was a basic hardware issue.
My system has an internal DVD drive that used to work fine when I ran XP, but now that I run Vista, I use an external drive, since the old internal one is incompatible. As a result I haven't looked into my old internal DVD drive in some time.
Today however, I opened it up and discovered a Knoppix 5.3 CD in there (certainly not mine, and nobody else has had access to my system). I'm guessing it would run fine on the old DVD drive if this was used to boot the system. I did a little research and understand that Knoppix is frequently used for data recovery, and is able to access and copy data from the file system.
Fortunately I keep most sensitive data in an encrypted folder, but this makes me think these guys tried to access my data without permission...?!?
Is there any way to find a log or anything that would show when the system was booted using Knoppix? Any way to prove these guys tried to access my PC?
Thanks for your feedback-
Similar Threads
-
By Capt. Cautious in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2006, 04:53 PM
-
By insolit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-04-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By evermuse in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2004, 12:31 AM
-
By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM
-
By warwick in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-01-2003, 02:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$140.40