Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: which version and what method should i use

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1

    which version and what method should i use

    I'd like to remaster knoppix (mainly add and configure some software). I downloaded newest version (KNOPPIX-ADRIANE_V6.2CD-2009-11-18-EN.iso) but later i read that it has some other window manager as default, not kde... and i want to have kde on my remaster. Is kde included on that iso but it's not default or it's not included at all? If it's not there what knoppix version should i get for my remaster?

    My other question... I've seen some remastering scripts (with menus, etc) on knoppix forums, do any of these works with version i have? Or with version i should have if i need kde?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    29
    Hi, I succeed in “opening” and “closing” the remaster environment (V6.2) using this instructions:

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto

    I think it works properly all the steps…

    Hope it help,
    Valter

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    1
    Hi,
    I also followed (with Knoppix v6.2) the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto, but I could not find /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf to copy to /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX/etc/dhcpcresolv.conf. And so I could not connect my chroot environment to internet.
    Have you any idea of my mistake?
    Thanks,
    Patrick

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by patpesti
    Hi,
    I also followed (with Knoppix v6.2) the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto, but I could not find /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf to copy to /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX/etc/dhcpcresolv.conf. And so I could not connect my chroot environment to internet.
    Have you any idea of my mistake?
    Thanks,
    Patrick
    Did you try
    Code:
    find /etc/* -name resolv.conf
    to localize the actual file???

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    I had the same issue. In the 6.2 environment the file is in the etc directory and not in the dhcpc dir. copy to etc and it works like a charm!

Similar Threads

  1. floppyconfig best method?
    By Sw@ppa in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
  2. Curious about this compression method...
    By gildedlink in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
  3. DVD update lib - cant find them... (resolved alt method)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:31 PM
  4. HDD iso image install method doesn't work
    By botulism in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 03:16 PM
  5. becer install method for tar balls.
    By VeeDubb in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile picture

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile

$35.00



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03 picture

(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03

$99.95



20 X  New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack picture

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack

$299.00



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00