-
Re: 6.2 and flash

Originally Posted by
m005k
I am new to koppix and want to update the flash player so I can view Hulu. I tried, b ut get these errors. I coulod use some help. Also I am running .2 on a 4gig flash drive I install as live with untetbotin.
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ apt-get update
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock the list directory
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$
I opened LXTerminal (black icon down near the "Start button") and then:
sudo apt-get update
after much shilly-shalley'ing (connecting to sources on the web) I was then able to:
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
which was followed by more automatic goodies, and flash was now available.
FYI, I had a lot of trouble trying to install Chrome (everybody should try it!), which I had the .deb for, and after much non-useful work using both synaptic and apt-get, it was easy:
sudo dpkg -i /path/to/MYPKG.deb
Hope this helps!
-Krishna
Similar Threads
-
By rockinrodent in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-16-2005, 09:53 PM
-
By lewisdw in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 03:50 AM
-
By Jerunk in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 04:48 AM
-
By towjamb in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 10:24 PM
-
By rhpot1991 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45