Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Touchpad problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14

    Touchpad problem

    Knoppix 6.2 has been installed on a USB and it seems to work well. The only problem: toucnpad mouse fails to
    activate programs, the menu and the like without use of touchpad buttons. At preferences I dont find no option to enable
    touchpad. Is there a solution to this? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Matti Ollikainen

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17
    I'm having the exact same problem and I'd really appreciate a fix for this. I suspect it might have to do with the Synaptics driver in the kernel, so I'll try to do a little research and experimentation and see if I can work out a solution. If I find anything I'll post it here.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14

    Xorg.conf file synaptic driver function

    Seems as though in xorg.conf file in /etc/X11 synaptic driver function is disabled by default. Only PS2, USB and serial mouse are enabled. I made some changes, with root privileges, in xorg.conf to have touchpad enabled with
    sudo su vi /etc/X11/xorg.conf. After reboot the changes however were undone and now I cannot figure out how editing a configuration file can saved to be permanent.

  4. #4
    Guest

    Re: Xorg.conf file synaptic driver function

    I don't have this same experience - my synaptics touchpad works great, but I want to control the "mouse gestures" WHICH DRIVE MY WIFE NUTS! Anybody got a clue? I found a little discussion of it in the German language forums...

    Krishna

    Quote Originally Posted by matollik
    Seems as though in xorg.conf file in /etc/X11 synaptic driver function is disabled by default. Only PS2, USB and serial mouse are enabled. I made some changes, with root privileges, in xorg.conf to have touchpad enabled with
    sudo su vi /etc/X11/xorg.conf. After reboot the changes however were undone and now I cannot figure out how editing a configuration file can saved to be permanent.
    0

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14
    I found a solution for my touchpad from this page:
    http://www.knoppixforum.de/knoppix-f...oppix-6-2.html.
    The page is in German.
    This is what I did:
    1. change to root level with Alt-Ctrl-F1.
    2.type 'init 3' <Enter>. The screen went dark but returned to text mode when repeating Alt-Ctrl-F1.
    3.Previously I had copied 11-x11-synaptics.fdi to a file on desktop, identical with /home/knoppix/Desktop in File System.
    4.Now in root level, I first copied 11-x11-synaptics.fdi to /etc/hal/fdi/policy. Then, as advised on the afore mentioned German page, I calcelled all
    sections with the word 'Inputdevice' in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and saved the file.
    5.At command line typed '/etc/init.d/hal restart' <Enter>, then 'init 5' <Enter> to return to Knoppix graphical mode.
    After one shutdown and restart of Knoppix, touchpad mouse functions ok.

Similar Threads

  1. Toshiba Touchpad again
    By Steveb357 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 06:09 AM
  2. dell 5160 keyboard/touchpad problem
    By crumb in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 01:01 AM
  3. touchpad not working
    By t0ast in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 06:45 PM
  4. Jerking Touchpad
    By Tim_Neobard in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 03:53 PM
  5. touchpad No work
    By clubalien.com in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 12:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop picture

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop

$32.99