-
Knoppix won't boot - Completely new at this
Hi. I've never done anything like this before (except using Boot Camp to dual boot windows on my Mac), and I'm having some problems. I'm running on my PC (nothing to do with the aforementioned Mac) and whenever I boot from the live CD, I get to the boot screen where it has the Knoppix logo, I enter the code: after the boot: prompt. After that, I get a black screen with 2 penguin logos at the top, and under those it says (color accurate more or less):
Linux Kernel 2.6.31.6, 1998 MB RAM.
CPU 0: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz @ 2128MHz, 4096 KB Cache
CPU 1: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz @ 2128MHz, 4096 KB Cache
Knoppix 6 found at: /dev/sr0
>>> Starting in Live-Mode. <<<
>>> Please do not remove medium until shutdown! <<<
INIT: version 2.86 booting
and then it just stops. I can only get rid of this by turning off my computer by pressing the power button. I've been waiting for 5+ minutes for this! Help!
Similar Threads
-
By ktheking in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-29-2005, 05:44 PM
-
By kipi25 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 06:08 AM
-
By drdjnicholls in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By florin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 02:11 AM
-
By eddieroger in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch
$379.00

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99