Alright. The simple download of the new windows driver solved the problem. Still weird there was an interference, but whatever works... Thanks.
Howdy! I have ran Knoppix Live CD (from Nov 2009) on Windows XP. It worked (works) great, but after it the installed Windows XP stopped recognizing the LAN cable as connected. If I start Knoppix it still works, though. Now, I had a similar problem with Mandriva, Vista and sound card, and a solution was that Linux wrote smth into the buffer of the card, so that Windows couldn't see it any more. Don't you know, what could it be here?
Thank you!
Alright. The simple download of the new windows driver solved the problem. Still weird there was an interference, but whatever works... Thanks.
I don't think the knoppix live CD will write something onto your disk or your hardware buffer. That's the spirit of live CD, leave the existing software untouch.Originally Posted by nikitchm
I guess your windows is not setup properly at the first place. You can try again now. With your new proper windows driver installed. Boot up knoppix live CD again and then back to Windows.
Your windows should be in good shape.
Rgds,
Chip

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99