-
Surprisingly SPECTACULAR distro! & data recovery too!
Congratulations to the Knoppix team!
Great Job!
Leaving the details aside I had a sudden and urgent problem with a distro with which I was playing and had inadvertently left some information I needed on it when...it locked up.. dead... the horrible tty1 message!
All the usual stuff, startx, you name it, didn't work so I thought I'd try a couple of lived cds that will supposedly help one dredge out such deep sixed data.
No go.
I had used Knoppix when I first tried Linux, a fellow said it was just the cat's meow, but, being basically an idiot, I was clueless about how to use it.
But...I thought I'd try the latest and greatest and WOAH!!!
A BEUUUUUTIFULLL interface WITH Compiz! AND.....I opened the hard drive with the file manger and dragged and dropped the data onto a USB stick and was done...
Also, I'd fiddled with the LXDE desktop and was greatly impressed with it's speed and elegance
I was sitting there and thinking, don't do that very much...
..and says to myself......I could NOT let this distro go by.....so I installed it on a Toshiba Satellite lappy and what more is there to say?!
My hat is doffed to the developers, the community...EVERY BODY!!
woodsmoke
Similar Threads
-
By andyp in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
-
By mustjustbe in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2007, 03:32 AM
-
By Metallo in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 05-04-2007, 02:10 PM
-
By cohyster in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
-
By Rggoalie3 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.19

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00