Before the comment: I searched the forum for .pls and was amused to note the number of posts with "pls" for "please" in them!![]()
But, nary a post with ".pls"(note the "dot" before pls).
Rather like Pidgin and Yahoo, being able to play a .pls streaming music file, I generally listen to SOMA fm and support it financially, being able to play a .pls file is important to me.
Well, I saved a .pls from Soma fm and also from Shoutcast, right clicked and selected to play with Gnome mplayer and it WORKED!
This is not a trivial thing. Just about every distro that I have fiddled with has had to have something downloaded to play a stream including the distro that I have been using for over a year now.
It is so much of a "routine" that I have a document with a list of the different things that have to be installed to get a stream to play. So....
Ya know....you guys must be getting bored with this...
GREAT JOB!!!!![]()
woodsmoke

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00