-
How CAN I add a user to Knoppix V6.2 DVD KDE boot
I've booted Knoppix desktop=KDE. But I cannot administer any desktop apps.
I want to add users to my Knoppix system. But I can't because I don't know the correct procedure for Knoppix use. After booting, on Knoppix desktop, I go to "Start" and it shows that the current Knoppix logon desktop user is "knoppix".
Booting Knoppix. At desktop I go to Start...Applications...System...Users & Groups...User Settings or hit button for Group Settings. These screens look like where I should be adding users, BUT, everything is 'grayed-out'.
Anyone know why???
Also, other administration applications screens are grayed out as well. Hmmmm...Why?
Also, I go to Start...Favorties...System Setting...Personal...User. screen. There,. I cannot change my current desktop user ID, "knoppix", password here. Hmmmm...Why?
Knoppix at the desktop; it Seems ALL system and desktop administration is "locked". Hmmmm...Why?
If you know the reason, it would really help. If you know a resolution, that would most certainly help.
Similar Threads
-
By dpatchen in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 08:39 PM
-
By tuds47 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 11:02 AM
-
By mark_53 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 02:25 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
-
By Vapor in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95