Quote Originally Posted by GCMartin
@laptopdragon - Thank you for your post.

I can see some of the effort you suggest here. BUT,

what I was hoping for is a description to use Knoppix's GUI services to add/remove a user. For starters, I cannot seem to use the Knoppix desktop KDE menu items to administer anything in the system. Its as if all admin tools are NOT allowed by anyone who boots using Knoppix LiveCD.

I can go to a terminal window. become superuser (su), and do things. BUT this does NOT allow me to use KDE menu items to do admin tasks.
To answer your question:

User Knoppix cannot create new user nor user group. Your GUI session is started as user knoppix, that's why you cannot perform any activity related to that area.

So in theory, if you can logon as root in the GUI session, you should be able to do whatever you want. So check out if there any way you can logout user knoppix and relogon again as root.

One other way I think it might work. Try to boot up knoppix in text mode first. Then start xwindow as root. I never try it before and you may need to do some tests here to find out if it works or not.

This might work, boot knoppix to text mode with the following cheat code:
Code:
knoppix  3
To become root:
Code:
su
Startup the xwindow:
Code:
init  5

Keep us posted if you have any success.

Rgds,
Chip