-
Cannot write to external disk drive
My Gateway T-1616 laptop with Windows Vista crashed. It appears that Windows does not exist. I would like to recover my data.
I inserted the KNOPPIX 5.1 into the DVD drive and then connected a Maxtor One Touch external hard drive into the laptop's USB port. The external hard drive is recognized. Its icon Hard Disk [sdc1] is just below the icon for the laptop's internal hard drive Hard Drive [sda2]
I would like to copy files from sda2 to sdc1. However this message appears "You cannot drop any items in a...u do not have write permission." I have tried right clicking on the sdc1 icon and using "Mount", and "Change read/write mode".
But still was getting the message that sdc1 was not writable.
I tried again and something happened. Not sure what. Not sure where data was written. When I try to open sdc1 I get a long message " Could not mount device. The reported error was: fusermount: mountpoint is not empty fusermount: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option Failed to create FUSE mount point: No such file or directory Retry to create FUSE mount point FATAL: Module fuse not found. Unmounting /dev/sdc1 ()
Similar Threads
-
By davidebond in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-28-2006, 11:28 AM
-
By whocares89 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-25-2006, 11:07 AM
-
By alex407 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-13-2006, 01:09 PM
-
By birk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2005, 09:19 PM
-
By autumnhome in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo ThinkPad T15 Gen 2i, Intel Core i7, 256 SSD, 12 GB RAM, Win 11 Pro
$165.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00