-
I"m no linux expert, but I rescue windows pc's all the time. I'd suggest you do the following, since you have already rescued your data:
1) download an XP OEM iso file and reinstall xp using the license key on your sticker.
or
2) order a recovery CD from Acer. Some recovery CDs rewrite the recovery partitions, some don't. But the customer charge for them is under $30.
In any event, by copying off your partitions first, you did the important part, so you won't lose data. Good work on that!
PS the I/O errors worry me. I'm not as confident as you are that the HD is okay, but it might be. Do you have access to a copy of spinrite from grc.com? If not, I recommend it as a general purpose HD tool, regardless what OS you are supporting.
Similar Threads
-
By CaptainChunk in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2009, 01:31 AM
-
By Idenheart in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-04-2006, 05:33 AM
-
By bobby_lobby in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
-
By Mr.Joecat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
-
By Rey Flores in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99