Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Update libnss3-1d

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3

    Update libnss3-1d

    I am all new to this Linux stuff so bare with me.

    I had a Knoppix CD that I downloaded in June 2009 that I started to try to remaster yesterday.
    What I am trying to do is strip a bunch of meaningless software and just put the software I need to be able to do my job.
    I am quite happy with Google Chrome as my internet browser and would like to keep that.

    When I tried to do the install it complained about not high enough version of libnss3-1d.
    I ran the aps-get update but it did not update this package? How do I do this manually? I just downloaded the V6.2 2009-11-18 hoping that the version on that distribution is high enough. But how do I update those in the future? Where do I look for that stuff?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3
    I managed to get past that problem by using a newer version of the knoppix CD so now I have a working Chrome browser.

    Next problem is when I try to Create isofs. I get the following errors:

    /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed: line 21: /proc/ide/hda/settings: No such file or directory
    /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed: line 21: /proc/ide/hdb/settings: No such file or directory
    /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed: line 21: /proc/ide/hdc/settings: No such file or directory
    /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed: line 21: /proc/ide/hdd/settings: No such file or directory
    /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed: line 28: /etc/knoppix-version: No such file or directory
    Checksumming.../KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed: line 209: KNOPPIX/md5sums: No such file or directory
    Done.
    /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed: line 226: /KNOPPIX.build/genisoimage: No such file or directory

    I guess I get the error because I have a sata drive? Can I just change the drive name in the script? hdb to sdb?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802

    Why do you have to remaster?

    If you are new to Linux, remastering entirely on your own may not be the best way to proceed. I suggest you try and follow, step by step, at least one remastering recipe known to work, before you do modifications on your own. Some experience with Linux system administration will also be helpful.

    I also wonder why you have to throw out a lot of programs? If you use the CD, that is already quite minimal today, and instead of starting with the DVD, I have chosen to start with the CD and install extra needed software on a persistent image - carried on a USB stick, but run from a copy on the harddisk. Works very well for me, and reduces the need for remastering.

Similar Threads

  1. Update kernel / update knoppix HDD
    By 105547111 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 05:40 AM
  2. apt-get update
    By REDWIND in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 03:36 PM
  3. KDE Update?
    By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 04:24 PM
  4. Update of nvu.cmg
    By drb in forum Klik
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 09:18 AM
  5. Can not do an apt-get update...
    By Jacques in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$89.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$246.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00