Hello I am new to Knoppix and Linux too. I am totaly confused and frustrated. Not with Knoppix but with myself. I need a place to learn how to do things with knoppix IE down load an app and then actualy install it or play a dvd ect.
Hello I am new to Knoppix and Linux too. I am totaly confused and frustrated. Not with Knoppix but with myself. I need a place to learn how to do things with knoppix IE down load an app and then actualy install it or play a dvd ect.
tombell, there's isn't any training school or ebook that I know of. The best way would be to start by reading the documentation - link at the top of this page - and then using the forum search feature to find previous threads discussing problems you've come across that have been resolved in the past.
as for installing, open synaptic, that is, open a console and typethen update library and search in the window, say you want a Audio mixer, search mixer (chances are that one is available) then right click on the check box and choose install. then apply the change. not that hard.Code:sudo synaptic
You should also tell us what version of knoppix you have, and if it's CD or DVD. I only have CD myself, as I have no DVD-ROM drive, but I understand (if I'm not mistaken) that the DVD version allows you to create a USB version, which you can use to create a persistent image, i.e. you can install software and keep it for the next time you boot knoppix.
ndb, I think the 6.2 CD version has that option, I did that a week ago to help rescue files from a friends computer (old laptop), also created a 2G FAT32 partition for the files at first boot with said USBstick.
Hi, I[m also new to this and opted firsst to learn virtual box. Since then I installed preetty many distros and have been learning with it without any fear of damaging a machine.

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.01
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99