Ooops I should have said the windows option is there. It just doesn\'t work. But a linux mint option isn't
Silly me, I did a hard drive install before reading all the information about not installing to the hard drive. I suppose, if it is that problematic, there should be a warning if you choose that option. Anyway, the installation borked my MBR and now neither windows, nor my linux mint installation is there.
I think I know what the problem is though. In the menu.lst of grub it says
norootverify (hd,1,0)
and then it tells me the disk doesn't exist.
I think is should be (hd0,2) since the windows partiion is sda2
I, however, am stupid and cannot figure out how to edit the menu.lst file. I would need some really idiot proof instructions
Also this computer is an Acer Aspire One. I seem to have lost the ability to do an erecovery whiich was not an issue with using grub with linux Mint. That is on partition sda1. So if anyone knows how to get that accessible that would be appreciated.
Hope someone can help me with this
Peter
Ooops I should have said the windows option is there. It just doesn\'t work. But a linux mint option isn't
You must post more information if you want help.Originally Posted by yachp
Post the entire, precise, content of /boot/grub/menu.lst.
Post the entire, precise, content of /boot/grub/device.map - if it exists.
Also, post the output of fdisk -l.
In the old days, starting DOS from a diskette and issuing the fdisk /mbr command would normally get you Windows back, if no partition changes had occurred.

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67