Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: where is my keyboard layout_)(?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5

    where is my keyboard layout_)(?

    ... as you could guess, II was looking for a question mark for the end of the title.

    On the DVD I was able to configure the keyboard layout to my local-;l'l's / that s me looking again / because KDE-s system settings application is available.

    Unfortunately, the same config application isn t available on the CD. Then I looked inr the other config tools available but none of them provides the ability to change the keyboard layout. So, how can I do it on the installed CD_)(*)_P"":L{:'\'';][=-;/., ,,, this time didn t find the question mark ,,,javascript:emoticon('') ,,, I looked for something like that in the package manager but didnt succeed in finding it.

    I finnally found Kcontrol was the equivalent to the system settings. Installed it, my Other menu cathegory was full of options but when I used the Keyboard layout option I was told that either the keyboard module was not loaded or some other keyboard module was laying around.
    Also trying to use keyboard=xx or xkeyborad=xx but the accentuated characters as "a with til" are not working.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14
    If I recall all right you must find folder /etc/sysconfig and change country logo in file ' keyboard'.

    Matti Ollikainen

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by matollik
    If I recall all right you must find folder /etc/sysconfig and change country logo in file ' keyboard'.

    Matti Ollikainen
    Hi, Matti. I looked for the file in the installation from the CD but sysconfig doesn't exist. The most similar file would be the sysctl.conf in which a reference is made to a sysctl.d file for additional system varialbles. But the problem still remains because the sysctl.d doesn't exist too.

    #
    # /etc/sysctl.conf - Configuration file for setting system variables
    # See /etc/sysctl.d/ for additonal system variables
    # See sysctl.conf (5) for information.
    #

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14
    First boot Knoppix normally with graphic user interface. Then K-menu at lower left corner -> System Tools -> File manager -> find File System (can be chosen at the left panel, down end ) -> /etc /sysconfig/keyboard. But you cannot save a configuration change on CD, Knoppix has to be installed on memory stick, first as fas as I know.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by matollik
    First boot Knoppix normally with graphic user interface. Then K-menu at lower left corner -> System Tools -> File manager -> find File System (can be chosen at the left panel, down end ) -> /etc /sysconfig/keyboard. But you cannot save a configuration change on CD, Knoppix has to be installed on memory stick, first as fas as I know.
    Mat, I already insatlled the thing. I'll check for it now

Similar Threads

  1. PT keyboard not US
    By xears in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 12:30 PM
  2. Only Have uk keyboard in kde.
    By Nails in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 03:11 PM
  3. USB Keyboard
    By ptracton in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 10:22 PM
  4. help on keyboard!
    By gENO in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 01:09 AM
  5. UK Keyboard
    By ian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 04:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel S2600TP 4-Node 32 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2630 v3, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W picture

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 32 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2630 v3, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W

$1685.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W picture

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W

$1785.00



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99