Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Application autorun

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2

    Application autorun

    I am trying to automatically start two applications each time I logon to Knoppix. I have created a .profile file in my home directory and entered the names of the two applications therein, but that does not seem to work. Any suggestions?
    TNX

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Application autorun

    --Which ones? If they are X apps, you should use ~/.xinitrc. If not, try ~/.bash_login, and don't forget to chmod +x it.

    Quote Originally Posted by sparks40
    I am trying to automatically start two applications each time I logon to Knoppix. I have created a .profile file in my home directory and entered the names of the two applications therein, but that does not seem to work. Any suggestions?
    TNX

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Greetings all,

    Do you mean you want to start two aplications each gtime you
    boot up KNOPPIX?

    If I understand the correctly, the KDE has an Autostart
    folder that runs when KDE starts.

    To find it got to home in KDE and click VIEW and
    Show Hidden files.

    Then open .kde and then open Autostart.

    Script, program. or link here should do the trick. You may
    need to include the command line su to run at the root
    level.

    I use the for a project for computers with no harddrives,
    called burn_home which reads in persistent home from a
    CDRW at boot up.

    After you have put your script or links into /home/knoppix/.ked/Autostart
    you must save the configuration and point to it on the boot
    floppy -- unless you hardrive install or remaster.

    Is this what you had in mind?

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2
    Yes, they are Xbased programs which I would like to start each time I boot up Linux. I will try both suggestions. Thanks very much for you patience.

Similar Threads

  1. Application
    By w5uc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 10:23 PM
  2. How do you remove an application?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 10:45 AM
  3. knoppix 3.1 / kde / email application?
    By homer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 04:06 AM
  4. How to autorun a script in runlevel2 with a new boot option
    By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 11:49 AM
  5. Bootable VHS-to-DVD application CD
    By Discerner0 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2004, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX picture

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX

$14.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Western Digital 2TB WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 3.5

Western Digital 2TB WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 3.5" SATA Red NAS Hard Disk Drive

$69.99