nevermind, recopied at a slower burn rate as per suggestions elsewhere on the forum. allles gut.
So I've decided to take the initial plunge into Linux. Downloaded Knoppix Live CD and after some trial and error finaly got a bootable CD burned. Thing started nicely then I got messages
su: Module is unknown
INIT: ID "1" respawning too fast; disabled for 5 minutes
both lines repeat several times with the INIT: ID going through "1" - "10" although not nescessarily in numerical sequence.
I have no clue what's happening other than that the install is hanging up. Is this bad media or a hardware issue? Any ideas appreciated.
nevermind, recopied at a slower burn rate as per suggestions elsewhere on the forum. allles gut.
Kslip, great that you found answer yourself. searching this forum WILL answer most questions.
keep asking as other questions pop up and sorry I missed this yesterday

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
$153.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset
$64.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Ooma Telo VoIP Free Internet Home Phone Service. Certified Refurbished.
$59.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Polycom VVX 501 Desktop VoIP Phone HD Voice PoE 2200-48500-025 Black Silver
$39.99