-
Unable to browse the Web with Live CDs
The information contained in the only other thread I started:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29229
... may or may not be relevant, but I figured it couldn't hurt.
Other relevant info:
Abit IX38QuadGT motherboard
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Paradyne/Zhone 6381-A3 DSL modem/router combo
(DHCP is enabled)
Windows XP Home
I am thinking of eventually configuring a dual boot with Linux, but I want to play more with the live distros first. I am abale to surf the Web using Knoppix 5.1.1.
But I have problems with both Knoppix 6.0.1 (yes, I know that's not the most recent one) and Ubuntu 9.10 (that is the most recent one). It seems like I'm connected fine to the modem/router. And I am apparently connected to the Internet since I can ping various Web page URLs. But using a Web browser returns the "Unable to connect" message. And it's not a DNS issue since the same result occurs when I enter an IP address.
The newer CDs work on our network at work; Web browsing does occur with them. I'm guessing the issue is related to either my network card or router.
I could try the most recent Knoppix live CD, but since the latest Ubuntu CD is problematic, I have a hunch the latest Knoppix CD will have the same problem.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By YareDaze in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2007, 09:51 PM
-
By siggy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-11-2005, 06:56 AM
-
By dwflo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 11:12 PM
-
By onespot in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 04:34 PM
-
By axeff in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 02:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99