-
Senior Member
registered user
howto screen capture video of my desktop?
I teach Calculus at a local college and we just got SmartBoards! So, I've spent all year using Smart Notebook in WINDOZE to deliver my lessons and record them with Smart Recorder (plus voice over via wireless mic).
The problem with this scenario, asside from being forced to use WIMxP by the tech guy at my school, is that Smart Recorder outputs only WMV video files and they take forever to render. If I record 30 minutes of a class, it could take about 10 minutes to render a 20MB file after the class is over! Also, I teach Computer Science with Linux and I'd like to do all this SmartBoard stuff in Linux next year to record all my classes.
So, I'm trying to figure out 2 things:
(1) How do I use ffmpeg to do a live video screen capture of my desktop in real time with my voice and
(2) how do I get my Smart Airliner Tablet, which is a bluetooth device, to work with KNOPPIX.
Let's focus on #1 for now. I have the KNOPPIX DVD hd installed on all the PCs in my classroom/lab (25 PCs - 1 for me and 24 for my students). So, I thought I'd try on my PC:
Code:
ffmpeg -f x11grab -r 25 -s 800x600 -i 0.0 test.mpg
This way I could give my students mpegs instead of wmvs and I can record in Linux! However, I get an error that "x11grab" is not recognized. I got this syntax from the ffmpeg man page, so what gives?
Anyone who has experience with this or who can recommend a better way to do this, please help!
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By cvig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
-
By jMon54 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:35 PM
-
By plener in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 01:06 PM
-
By mosabua in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 05:10 AM
-
By nightcrawler in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99