Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Compaq Tablet PC TC1000

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7

    Compaq Tablet PC TC1000

    Good day everyone:
    I just installed KNOPPIX 6.2 on my Tablet PC TC1000 - It runs great - It was a very easy install (Total replacement over XP).

    I did anticipate that I was going to run into issues around the Pen usage. Does Anyone know of a driver or any type of install that can be used.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated

    Thank you
    Jimmy

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    33
    Hi
    I'm sure that more exprienced people will be along in a short while.

    In the interim I'd comment that I heard someplace that Lenny was suppsed to have some kind of support for Wacom which might transfer in some way through De bian so, there might be a driver that might be useable.

    There is a Wacom project which has drivers in tars.

    Again, I realize that you don't have a Wacom, but if no particular drivers are availble for your machine, it might be worth a try...or not....

    http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/

    Like I said, i'd hang for a while so that more knowledgeable people can comment before I'd fiddle with the Wacom stuff.

    woodsmoke

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7

    Compaq Tablet PC TC1000 - Pen Driver for Knoppix 6.2

    Hi Wood -
    Thank you for the quick response and the tips as well. Yes I am a new user to Linux (have always been a fan) - but scared to try - I took the plunge into the Linux pool and am glad I did.
    Now I just want to learn it as best as I can.

    Thanks,
    Jimmy

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    33
    Hi
    thank you but I'm not up on the tablet much, I have the bambu and it worked fine using an Ubu derivative but it is not a computer just a drawing device.

    Again, I'm sure that somebody will be along in a while with some recommendations.

    woodsmoke

Similar Threads

  1. Tablet PCs
    By Wakko in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 04:28 PM
  2. Tablet PC (HP TX1410US)
    By wolfton in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 08:25 AM
  3. Knoppix 5.0.1 does not detect my Wacom Tablet Volito 2
    By finferflu in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 10:21 PM
  4. my wacom tablet works fine, but...
    By mcsweetie in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 06:44 AM
  5. Wacom Tablet and Dvorak KB
    By WaldoPepper in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia picture

5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia

$15.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested picture

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested

$28.49



5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet picture

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet

$239.95



Vintage Apple Keyboard M7803 Mouse M5769 (NEEDS TO BE CLEANED) picture

Vintage Apple Keyboard M7803 Mouse M5769 (NEEDS TO BE CLEANED)

$28.99



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage

$99.00