-
Missing Image File for Creating Boot Floppy
The index which came on the CD suggests to change the BIOS to allow for CD-ROM drive boot. I don't have a BIOS which will allow me to do this. The instructions go on to state that I need to create an ENGLISH boot floppy with the following script:
rawrite2 -f boot-en.img -d A
I don't have this image file (BOOT-EN.IMG) on the Knoppix CD.
Where can I get this image file?
Jim
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Missing Image File for Creating Boot Floppy
--Just use the included mkfloppy.bat
--Also make sure you are using the latest version, 3.2 / 2003-0606 as of this writing. boot-en.img was changes to boot.img somewhere along the line.

Originally Posted by
jnowlin
The index which came on the CD suggests to change the BIOS to allow for CD-ROM drive boot. I don't have a BIOS which will allow me to do this. The instructions go on to state that I need to create an ENGLISH boot floppy with the following script:
rawrite2 -f boot-en.img -d A
I don't have this image file (BOOT-EN.IMG) on the Knoppix CD.
Where can I get this image file?
Jim
Similar Threads
-
By s-m-n in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 05:27 PM
-
By wslkevin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 08:54 PM
-
By Action-Man in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
-
By potissimus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
-
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)
$180.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00