-
Vaio Wireless Drivers
Hi,
I am new to this forum and to knoppix or Linux also.i am having Sony vaio VGN TZ250N, whose hard disk got crashed. So I started using ubuntu and now knoppix, but now I am facing problem of drivers, like driver of Wireless card and ethernet, driver of bluetooth, finger print sensor, camera, etc. Please tell where I can find them and how to install. I am using external hard disk because internal hard disk for this modelis not available in India.Thanks[/b]
-
Re: Vaio Wireless Drivers
Andreas-
1) You know you can probably put just about any 1.8" ATA drive in there, right? The 100 GB model originally included is not the only one that would work.
2) Drivers - try going to a terminal window (LX Terminal is included in the default icons on the bottom left) and typing lspci to see what's recognized on the PCI bus; another sometimes useful command is lsusb to see what's on the USB.
3) Look on the Sony website for the Windows drivers - they can either be used directly with ndiswrapper or you can use the info there to see what the chipset is and then find the Linux drivers for those chips.
Hope this this helps!
-Krishna

Originally Posted by
Andreas2004
Hi,
I am new to this forum and to knoppix or Linux also.i am having Sony vaio VGN TZ250N, whose hard disk got crashed. So I started using ubuntu and now knoppix, but now I am facing problem of drivers, like driver of Wireless card and ethernet, driver of bluetooth, finger print sensor, camera, etc. Please tell where I can find them and how to install. I am using external hard disk because internal hard disk for this modelis not available in India.Thanks[/b]
-
Thanks
Thank you very much sir, I will do that and post results.
Similar Threads
-
By kiwi in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-01-2009, 03:02 AM
-
By criag in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:49 PM
-
By jmitchinson in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-18-2006, 05:16 PM
-
By level in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 08:21 PM
-
By tchough in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 02:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 24-Bay Server 2x E5-2680 V4 -28 Cores H730 32GB RAM
$500.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99