-
how can one get at least it to ask for root password?
That is the exact question I've been looking into.
I'm not going to address using the Knoppix distro as your desktop system
I gather for reasons, probably beyond me, that Knoppix is not the right distribution for use for running desktop applications on a continual basis. Strangely enough, while ubuntu 11.04 worked find on my desktop, ubuntu 11.10 does not and neither does mint 12. (Both run fine on my laptop) I'm not sure I'm going to solve the issues on my desktop soon, so I I'm looking into knoppix which runs on not only my laptop and desktop, but also runs on an old pre wiindows XP PC that doesn't book with windows anymore.. I'm only one person, so I don't care about multi-user capabilities. I was thinking about Lubuntu (notice the L), but I see that the standard apps - Firefox, Thunderbird, GIMP have been replaced by other lighter weight alternates. I just found the debian distro and it might be a possibility - would be interesting to see if latest version runs on my desktop. Seems like I saw someplace that straight debian was not the best for novices, but don't see anything about that in the writeup so maybe that's not true. http://www.osdisc.com/cgi-bin/view.c...vd-set-pc.html
Similar Threads
-
By shplad in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-18-2005, 04:58 PM
-
By GoP-Demon in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:23 AM
-
By Xevi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 10:25 PM
-
By dodgyville in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 12:38 AM
-
By sgoodall in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Genuine Samsung K406S Black Toner Cartridge - New and Sealed Box
$35.99

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210
$139.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95