I have just spent several hours trying to find errors in my Java/Eclipse Galileo installation (not from .deb pakages, directly from Eclipse and Sun). Eclipse got up and running, but didn't work - it was simliar to jdk version problems I have experienced with earlier releases. But not this time, and I had to search the web for a possible explanation. It turned out there is a mismatch/bug in GTK (?) 2.18 (?), and for simpler problems caused by this, setting the environment variable GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS may provide a workaround
At least, it worked for me.Code:export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1
BTW, I chose to remove Java symlinks from /usr/bin in 6.2 DVD install, and replace them with links to latest JDK. To have better control over versions - it turned out that 6.2 CD and 6.2 DVD had somewhat different versions.

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00
Commodore Amiga 2000 Rev 4.2 (PAL, Kickstart 1.3) Computer Keyboard Mouse Box SB
$1599.99
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
COMMODORE AMIGA 500 Motherboard Rev 5 NTSC ,No IC'S , Sold As Is, Untested
$88.00
Micronik A1200 Infinitiv Tower, NEW IN BOX, Commodore Amiga 1200 Kit
$1472.50
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00