-
Junior Member
registered user
That's what I was afraid of... I thought it looked an awful lot like the voodoo magic that comes with an HDD install. I'm surprised though: I thought simply loading the kernel would do the same thing as "knoppix" at the isolinux prompt. If I'm mistaken, that explains a lot. I'll take a closer look at this ".cfg" of which you speak. Thanks!
As for learning, the booting process is mostly what I'm interested in learning about. I know my way around Ubuntu and GRUB, but not Knoppix, and I've never really taken an in-depth look at the boot process (loading modules, mounting filesystems, etc) for any distro. No time like the present!
Similar Threads
-
By paradocs in forum News
Replies: 22
Last Post: 01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
-
By PaulM2008 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2009, 04:34 AM
-
By tearinghairout in forum The Lounge
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-20-2004, 11:27 AM
-
By fm78 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By mikehallsted in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 03:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99