Quote Originally Posted by Gemu View Post
6.2.1 DVD is great it just seems like there is always a problem to install anything. Which is the only reason I kinda prefer Ubuntu for every day use. I can'
t get youtube-dl to install for instance.

I like the 5.3 panel better just for flexability.


All the web stuff works extremely well though, I think as good as anything out there. And it never seems to hang like older versions.

If 5.3 had all the latest iceweasel updates you could call it 6.4 and relax a while.
I think many longtime Knoppix users may not be fully aware that the latest CD/DVD versions aren't really optimized for CD/DVD, they must be installed on writable media to work really well. When that is done, usual Debian packages will mostly work, but it may be a bit of a hassle to get all versions right. Everything I have tried with 6.2.1 has succeeded.